The Human Trafficking Legal Access Center is a partnership between Pro Bono Net, the American Bar Association, and us, to help connect legal professionals to survivors in need of assistance.
The Protected Innocence Challenge is a comprehensive study of existing state laws designed to inspire and equip advocates. Under the Challenge, every state receives a Report Card that grades the state on 41 key legislative components that must be addressed in a state’s laws in order to effectively respond to the crime of domestic minor sex trafficking. In addition, each state receives a complete analysis of this 41-component review and practical recommendations for improvement. Click here to view 2013 report cards and analyses.
- Resource Overview (PDF 57KB)
- Tips for Identifying the Crime of Human Trafficking (PDF 48KB)
- Screening Questions to Assess Whether a Person is a Trafficking Victim (PDF 66KB)
- Understanding the Mindset of a Trafficking Victim (PDF 40KB)
- Communictating With Victims of Human Trafficking (PDF 43KB)
- Tips for Identifying and Interacting with Victims of Human Trafficking (PDF 50KB)
- PowerPoint Presentation for Law Enforcement Officers (PPT 138KB)
- Pocket Assessment Card (PDF 745KB)