If you have an event or opportunity you would like to see here, then please contact us.
Happenings Near You!
(If you are on the Central Coast or in Southern California)
April 25 - Community Collaborative Sponsored CSEC Training by Nola Brantley (flyer attached) You must register ahead of time. Will be at Mountainbrook Community Church.
May 2 - Educational and Fundraising Concert. Donations will benefit the next Justice Summit. Learn more at Prevention 2014.
May 17 - Join Mb Abolitionists as they visit Love Never Fails in Oakland for a free training and outreach to women and girls who are being prostituted and are possible victims of sex trafficking. Go here for more information. Email Luke@MbAbolitionists.org for details and to sign up!
June 28 - Save the date for our 3rd annual Fundraising Dinner Gala. More information to come! (Proceeds go to benefit the next Justice Summit)
April 8 - Join Californians against Slavery for Lobby Day and help support SB 1165 and SB 1388. Click here for more information and to register!
May 2 – 4 – FIGHT Conference at Mount Hermon: three days of training, teaching, networking, and refreshment.
Upcoming Mb Abolitionists Meetings:
To receive a list of times and places, please contact us.
Annual Anti-Trafficking Dates
- January: National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- January 1: President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation took effect on January 1, 1863, proclaiming the freedom of slaves in the ten states then in rebellion
- January 11: National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- February 1: National Freedom Day
- February 20: World Day of Social Justice
- March: Women’s History Month
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 25: International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- April: National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- April: Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- April 16: Emancipation Day (Washington, DC)
- First full week in April: National Crime Victims’ Rights Week
- May 1: May Day aka International Workers’ Day aka Labour Day
- June 4: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- June 12: World Day Against Child Labour
- June 19: Juneteenth (remembering when Union soldiers enforced the Emancipation Proclamation and freed all remaining slaves in Texas on June 19, 1865; observed in half the country)
- August 23: International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- First Monday of September: Labor Day
- September 22, 1862: President Abraham Lincoln’s announcement of the Emancipation Proclamation
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- October 15: International Day of Rural Women
- October 18: Anti-Trafficking Day (European Union) and Anti-Slavery Day (United Kingdom)
- November 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- December 2: International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- December 6: The United States adopted the 13th Amendment, outlawing slavery and involuntary servitude except as punishment for a crime, on December 6, 1865
- December 10: International Human Rights Day
- December 17: International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
- December 18: International Migrants Day