Mountainbrook Abolitionists is a community task force based on the Central Coast of California bringing awareness to and action against modern-day slavery.
Upon learning about the tragedy of human trafficking in 2012, we committed ourselves to responding by forming a group determined to counter human trafficking through increased awareness, high quality training, and community mobilization.
Representing every city in San Luis Obispo County, our members strive to uphold the county motto: Not for Ourselves Alone. We believe that no single agency or organization, including our own, can combat human trafficking on their own. Therefore, we believe in strong community partners and consistent inter-agency collaboration.
Since then we have continued to learn, pray, and act together. As well as fighting slavery locally, we advocate a local response to the global epidemic by becoming responsible consumers. While we continue to discover opportunities, we invite you to join in our fight against human trafficking.
Contact us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We are available for consultations, trainings, and presentations throughout the California Central Coast.
Sample article that can be found on our page include:
- Sex trafficking of two minor girls aged 15 and 17 in San Luis Obispo
- Questions remain after prostitution sting in SLO County
- KSBY Investigates: Sex Trafficking on the Central Coast
- Paso Robles couple to plead guilty in human trafficking case
- Sheriff’s officials find panga boat on Tajiguas Beach that may have been used for human trafficking